The history of Lörrach has always intrigued me, but I have never had a chance to look into it. So, Ramona put up with me one morning and joined me on a nerdfest to find some history on the city. We went to an old book store where you can find titles such as these:
One of the shop keepers helped us find this book of pictures of Lörrach that was compiled by a publisher during the 1970s. All of the pictures are from the late 1800s to the early 1900s, and I could have really used these in college when I was writing my thesis on that exact time frame.
I've walked by this park every day that I've been here.
Wrote my senior thesis on men like these.
This is a photo taken when the fire department announced the start of what would later be known as WWI.
This is the town center in the late 1800s. Except for a few new buildings, a new street, and about 3 less trees, it looks about the same. The Wilden Mann restaurant in the background has existed since 1682. I ate there last night with Ramona and Larissa.
There are more photos are the Stadt Archiv at the library. Hopefully I will get a chance to see those at some point.





No comments:
Post a Comment