Sunday, June 9, 2013

Jet lagn'

1am and I can't sleep. Why?  Because its only 7pm back home.  So here is what I did today:

First, we went to church because it was Sunday.  I love my church here in Germany.

After church we went to lunch.  Sadly, I was so wrapped up in my Wienerwald chicken and trying to speak grammatically correct German that I forgot to take pictures. But I learned a great deal of German heute (today). 

After lunch Larissa and I went to Basel, just across the border in Switzerland. Basel is an old city and she and I both love history, so we went straight for Der Münster. It's a big. old church--not a monster.
 

Our favorite part was the signatures at the top of the tower from long ago. We found some initials dating back to the 1700s, but my favorite was from 1909.


Larissa is an awesome German language teacher-- probably because it is her first language. 


Later in the day I went for an ice cream outing with Melina and her mother.  Look at all that fruit in Melina's ice cream. Get ready for this:  I had spaghetti ice cream. Who has ever heard of such?  Not me. 


My first thought?  Elf. "Do you have any syrup?"  My German friends haven't seen Elf. It's June, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to watch it, but we may have to make a holiday exception.  This will be very difficult for Ramona.  

Ok.  Fertig. Gute Nacht!













1 comment: